Search This Blog

Wednesday 6 May 2020

KB3D Design Blog 7th May 2020

It's been 2 years since my last blog.  Same story - too busy with work to have time to update.  What's new here?  More Wintergardenz designs & rendered images.  The portal structure on the right here is one of about 8 shapes for submitting to Degraves Lane in Melbourne. I put it in a photo image of the street to show the customer what it will look like.  Hope it does the trick.  

If you could zoom into this you would see I have shave some hair off the head of the man with white hair.  But I thought it looked better so I left it like that.

3D Printer

I bought this about one year ago and it's like going back to school (YUCK). Very hard making sense of it all but I am getting on top of it at last.  Surprising how many other people around the world are having difficulties with 3D printing. I use ABS for most things as it is tough and temperature tolerant.  I have made loads of things for house repairs and improvements. Bushes for a breadmaker, guides for a sliding door, a wall mounted holder for a pocket modem, a replacement spigot for a pool fence spring hinge (these hinges are $80+ for a pair). etc and so on.  Also made a few components for one of my clients as freebies and some practice  for me. Its a Geeetech (Prusa) printer and can print within a volume of 200mm cubed. Cheap from China.

Hell Pizza fireworks display case

This job might have been last year. Len at Pyro wanted a polystyrene case with an acrylic cover.  Good excuse to do a bit of image rendering in Solidworks.  He supplied JPEGs of each firework and graphics for the acrylic cover. Not my usual type of work but enjoyable all the
same. It would have been nice to be given one of these display cases but there must have been hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks inside.  Since then I have been doing a bit for Len for his "Detonation Plant".  He has been given the contract to 'blow up' all of those car 'air-bag' units that were found to be faulty and exploding shrapnel into peoples faces instead of blowing the bag out.  Think he has an explosives license or something.  It all has to be done in a strictly controlled environment.


Graeme Crosby motorcycle components

Graeme has popped over with loads of stuff over the years.There is always a project on the go.  I did some fork yokes for Honda and Suzuki recently. All CNC'd out of aluminium. Then there were 'clip on handlebar' clamps and front and rear disc carriers for his new retro Z900. Haven't had a ride on it but he was given one direct from the factory and it looks fantastic.  Almost as good as the original 1970's design.

No comments:

Post a Comment